Itropa NewGen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itropa NewGen

A sci-fi role playing server for neverwinter nights.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frequently Asked Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Frequently Asked Questions Empty
PostSubject: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Where do I get started?
Unless you're playing certain subraces, during processing you will be given a coupon for Chela's Cryo Port in Trasa. This coupon can be redeemed at their gift shop for some starting equipment (which you will probably sell to buy better starting equipment). Chela herself will give you a quest designed for level 1 characters. There is also a place in Trasa called "Beginner's Luck", which offers low-level training. In addition, there's a couple of caves west of Trasa filled with relatively easy prey. After that, you're on your own.

Where are the emotes?
In the "Craft Armor" menu, along with a lot of subrace special abilities. We did this to prevent the "use item" animation that occurs when you use an emote wand.

What's this "death" item?
This mod uses an item-based system to keep players from using the log-out-on-death cheat. The drawback is that occasionally the death item will be left in your inventory. If a DM resurrects you, for example, the "remove death icon" script doesn't fire. To get rid of it, look for the "remove death icon" option using either the DataReader or the "Craft Armor" menus. I highly recommend checking your inventory when you're about to log off, and make sure you don't have one, or you might get a surprise next time you log back on.

Can I play a subrace?
All players are allowed to play any subraces they wish, though I would recommend you play as a normal character for a while first to get a feel for the mod. Subraces start five levels behind other players, and could be subject to other XP penalties in the future. When creating your character, first choose your base race, then click the "Subrace" box. Type the name of the subrace in the box. Itropa subraces are case sensitive, so begin each word with a capital letter, and make sure you spell it correctly. For tips on playing each subrace, refer to the "Subrace" subsection in the "Rules" section of this FAQ.

Why does it announce everything I pick up?
This prevents party members from hoarding all the best stuff and lying to the rest of the group. This information is also written to a log, to help DMs settle disputes. If too many players deem this system to be annoying, or if it is found to be responsible for lag, we will vote on whether or not to keep it.

Are there any persistent chests?
Some guilds have persistent chests. The scripts for these chests were not designed for high-traffic servers, so use them at your own risk. They do keep seperate inventories for each each chest, so you must return to the same chest to retrieve your items. They also keep seperate inventories for each player, so you shouldn't have to worry about someone else accessing your items. In order to prevent a specific exploit, the chests do not save your items until after you step a few feet away, so don't log off right after putting stuff in your chest or you could lose your items. If you find any possible exploits in this system, let us know.

Are there any banks?
There are no banks per se, but there are Marae coins which can be converted into gold credits and back. If you keep the bulk of your money in the form of Marae coins, you won't lose as much gold when you die. Again, if you discover any exploits in this system, let me know. Responsible players will be rewarded. Players who take advantage of exploits will be punished.

Why aren't there more scripted quests?
Mainly because it's an RP mod. Role-play can get pretty funny when the party starts telling stories around the campfire, and everyone claims to have killed Merea Scorne on seperate occasions. Rather than play through my scripted stories, I'd rather you play out your own. ...And also because I'm lazy.

Help, I'm lost!!
Save this map! :
Frequently Asked Questions ItropaMap
Back to top Go down
https://itropanewgen.board-directory.net

Frequently Asked Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Itropa NewGen :: Information :: World Info-
Jump to: